Newark Airport to Long Island City TransferBuy tickets now
For your Newark Airport (EWR) to Long Island City (Queens) transfer you have several options. It’s a long journey, that can take quite some time if you travel by public transportation. You could take the train to Manhattan, then transfer to the subway, taxi or bus.
Taxi from Newark to LIC
I wouldn’t recommend to take a taxi at Newark Airport. If you travel from one state to another, airport taxis are allowed to charge you a special, premium price for these interstate drives. Should you take such a cab, expect to pay about $140 to $160. Personally, I advise you to book a car service with a driver in advance, this is much cheaper and you know the amount (excluding tips and tolls) upfront.
In case you’re travelling with four or more people, I really recommend to use the car service and book your minivan below.
Follow the steps below to book your transport:
- Enter Newark Airport and your flight data and make sure to select ‘International (Outside only)’ at ‘Meeting Area’.
- Enter Queens, choose Long Island City and then add the address.
- Enter the date and pick-up time (you can just enter your flight’s arrival time, they will keep an eye on your actual flight arrival time).
- Choose the car you like.
- Enter your personal details and choose your form of payment, I recommend you to choose the cash option, you’ll then pay cash to the driver
- Enter your phone number and make sure to enter your phone number again at ‘Special Requests’. Do it the international way this time. As for example: “Hello, my phone number is 0044 7X XXX XXX XX”.
- Confirm your order and check if you’ve received the confirmation email.
Are you travelling from a different airport?