Ice Skating in New York
From October everyone can go ice skating in New York. The hot-spots for ice skating in New York are Rockefeller Center and Central Park but there are more rinks. A true New York winter would not be complete without ice skating on one of the rinks around the city. Many New Yorkers look forward to putting on their skates each year. Tourists are also able to enjoy ice skating in the Big Apple. Where should you go ice skating?
The Rockefeller Center has an amazing ice rink, especially during the festive months of November to January. It’s not the cheapest rink, but it’s certainly allows you to skate in style. To get there, walk to Fifth Avenue between 49th and 50th Streets, through the Channel Gardens and down the stairs. You can’t miss it!
- Season: 21st November 2020 to 17th January 2021
- Opening hours: You can skate in sessions of 50 minutes, starting from 09:00 until midnight
- General Admission: adults and children 6 and upwards: from $25 per session, children (up to 5): $10 per session
- Skate Rental: $15
Just steps away from Times Square, Bryant Park is located on 42nd Street, between Fifth and 6th Avenues. The rink, located right in the park is even bigger than the Rockefeller skating rink. If you would like more skating space, this is definitely a good option. In addition, this is the hottest rink in town as it’s free for everyone!
- Season: 30th October 2020 through 1st March 2021
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 until 23:00
Jan 5th – March 1st: 8:00 until 22:00
- General Admission: Free, reserve a time slot online
- Skate rentals: $21-$36 per person depending on the date
Skating in Central Park is possible at the Wolman Rink. This rink is definitely one of the finest in the world. Located at 62nd Street, on the Fifth Avenue side (east side) of Central Park.
- Season: October 2020 to April 2021
- Opening hours:
- Monday/Tuesday: 10:00 – 14:30
- Wednesday/Thursday: 10:00 – 22:00
- Friday/Saturday: 10:00 – 23:00
- Sunday: 10:00 – 21:00
A little further north in Central Park, near 107th Street, on the Fifth Avenue side of the park is the Lasker Rink. This rink is open from late October until March. Admission is $8.50 for adults and $4.50 for children. Skate rentals are $7.50.
Was this article helpful? Recommend it by giving me a rating: