Statue of Liberty Tall Ship Sailing Cruise (2 hrs)
Sail the waters of New York on the Statue of Liberty Tall Ship Sailing cruise! The Clipper City is a spectacular 47 meter tall ship with masts reaching a height of 36 meters. Taking a water cruise will never be the same again. This cruise departs from the south end of Battery Park in Lower Manhattan (take subway 4 or 5 to Bowling Green or 1 to South Ferry).
The Clipper City
The Clipper City was built in the 1980s as a steel replica of the famous Clipper lumber-hauling schooners that were in use in the 1800’s. Built using plans purchased from the Smithsonian Institution (the world’s largest museum/research complex), the ship has been updated keeping its new function in mind – to cruise the waters of New York with 150 eager passengers. This means that the decks are not only spacious but very comfortable. There are inside and outside spaces so depending on the season, you’ll be able to enjoy great views of Manhattan either way! There is also a raised quarter deck so you can view the Manhattan skyline in all her glory. Taking a tall ship cruise is an experience in itself, you will leave behind the hustle and bustle of busy Manhattan and feel relaxed whilst on board.
Views of Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island and Lady Liberty
You will see the Brooklyn Bridge up close and personal as well as Ellis Island and Lady Liberty herself. Enjoy the bar on board with a great selection of beverages. Sailing with the Clipper City is a romantic experience, perfect to share with your partner, date or special someone.
There are seven different cruises: the Statue of Liberty Sail, the Twilight Sail, the Harbour Lights Sail, the Burlesque Sail, the Craft Beer Sail, the Lobster & Beer Lovers Sail and the Harbour Evening Sail with Live Jazz. Each provide a peaceful 1 – 2 hour cruise across the New York Harbour. Whether you want to snap photos, just unwind or be amazed by the night lights of Manhattan, taking the Statue of Liberty Tall Ship Sailing Cruise is absolutely worthwhile.
After purchasing, you will receive a voucher that you can print out and use as your ticket for the boat tour or show as a mobile ticket on your phone.
- Arrive on time to get the best seats
- Duration: 1 – 2 hours
- Departs from: South end of Battery Park, Lower Manhattan
- Departure times:
- Statue of Liberty Sail: 12:00, 13:30, 14:15, 15:30 (45 min or 75 min cruise)
- Sunset Sail: April – August 19:00, September – October 18:30 (2 hour cruise)
- Burlesque Sail: 21:45 (2 hour cruise)
- Harbor Lights Sail: 21:30 (1,5 hours cruise, from 8 – 16 September departs at 21:00)
- Craft Beer Sail: 12:00 (1 hour 45 minute cruise)
- Lobster & Beer Lovers Sail: June – August 19:00, September – October 18:00 (2 hour cruise)
- Harbour Evening Sail with Live Jazz: June – August 19:15, September 18:00 (2 hour cruise)
- These cruises are seasonal