Circle Line: Landmarks Cruise (1.5hrs)Buy tickets now
The Circle Line Landmarks Cruise is one of the cruises I highly recommend. In 1.5 hours you’ll be able to see the main attractions of New York by boat. It’s not too long, not too short. A professional guide on board will tell you about the history of New York as well as the landmarks you’ll be passing including the Empire State Building, United Nations and of course Statue of Liberty. The boat also passes under the city’s most famous bridge, the Brooklyn Bridge. Seeing this magnificent construction from a different point of view is not only a great photo opportunity but it also makes you appreciate its grandeur.
Manhattan’s Skyline from the Water
The guide on the Circle Line Landmarks Cruise takes time to answer individual questions. This makes you feel very appreciated and not rushed at all. Snacks and drinks are available on the boat, but you are allowed to bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic drinks on board. The upper deck is open, which makes it the perfect place to take photographs and view Manhattan’s skyline.
The boat leaves from Pier 83. Even if you’re in New York for the first time, getting there is quite easy. Pier 83 is located at West 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, within walking distance of Times Square.
You can either buy tickets for a specific departure time, or a flexible admission time. After purchasing you’ll receive a voucher. Pick up your ticket at the ticket window by showing your voucher. I recommend exchanging the voucher as early in the day as possible, or even the day before, so you can be sure of availability.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Departure point: Pier 83
- Departure times:
- January 1st – March 13th: daily at 15:30
- March 14th – April 2nd: daily at 12:30 and 15:00
- April 3rd – May 15th: daily at 11:30, 12:30 and 14:00
- May 16th – September 7th: daily at 11:00 and 14:00
- September 8th – October 31st: daily at 11:30, 12:30 and 14:30
- November 1st – December 30th: daily at 15:30
- Special schedules on 4th of July, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve and January 1st
- Doesn’t run on Christmas Day
- Arrive early for the best seats