From Newark Airport to a Hotel in Queens or BrooklynBuy tickets now
If you have a hotel or apartment in Queens or Brooklyn, and you arrive at Newark airport then you will need to travel to the state of New York. From Newark, there are buses or trains that go to Manhattan and from there you can travel on with the subway (if your hotel/apartment is located near a subway).
Car Service instead of Taxi
I would not advise to take a Yellow cab as Newark is located in a different state and taxi drivers can charge a special rate. If you do decide to take a taxi then be prepared to pay $110 to $130. Instead try booking a car service or van with a driver beforehand and save a lot of money. Additionally, if you are travelling with more people, you can order a van which is a lot cheaper than going by taxi.
Follow the steps below to book a car service or van
- Fill in Newark and your flight details and in the Meeting Area field, select “International (Outside Only)”.
- Fill in Queens or Brooklyn and the address.
- Fill in the date and pick-up time (you can just fill the arrival time of your flight, they keep an eye on when your flight arrives).
- Choose the car.
- Fill in your details and choose the payment method, I recommend choosing the cash option, then you pay cash in the car itself.
- Fill in your telephone number, but in the “Special Requests” repeat your telephone number with the international code e.g.: “Hello, my phone number is 0044 20 222 3333”.
- Confirm your order and check that you have received the confirmation email.