Shakespeare in the Park in New York
Shakespeare in the Park in New York is a run of Shakespeare plays performed in Central Park each summer. Going to see these plays is a summer tradition loved by many New Yorkers. The aim is to make theatre accessible and enjoyable for everyone. You sit in an outside theatre in the beautiful Central Park. It’s usually still light when the play starts and it slowly gets darker as the evening proceeds. It’s a really nice experience.
There are two plays. The first is Othello from the 29th May until the 24th June 2018. The second play is Twelfth Night which will start on the 17th July and show until the 19th August 2018. Through my site you can buy tickets for the second play. What makes the plays even more exciting is that there is often a celebrity actor in the cast. Previous years have seen Meryl Streep, Denzel Washington and Anne Hathaway in starring roles.
Tickets for the Shakespeare in the Park are for free but unfortunately there are never enough and the only way to get the free tickets, is to stand in line in the park. This will take hours. Luckily you can now also buy tickets, which guarantees you a reserved seat. I admit, the tickets are not cheap but I think this is a nice experience for the summer in New York. When you choose to buy tickets for Shakespeare in the Park, you also help support the event.
How to buy Shakespeare in the Park Tickets?
It’s easy to buy tickets. Above you can select the date when you want to go. You’ll get an overview of all the tickets available. You can then choose how many tickets you would like, add them to your cart and pay right away. After paying, you’ll receive a confirmation and your voucher by email right away. You’ll exchange the voucher for tickets at the theatre on the day of the show, at least one hour before the show starts. Seats are assigned by the theatre.
Why buy through NewYork.co.uk?
- No unexpected costs. What you see is what you pay!
- A dedicated help desk: You can always contact me, by email, phone or WhatsApp
- No third parties; you buy directly from the source
- Reliable, safe and fast
- Pay by credit card or PayPal
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to book for groups of 9 people or more.
- First play: Othello from 29th May until 24th June
- Second play: Twelfth Night from 17th July until 19th August
- Start time: All plays start at 20:00
- Location: Central Park, Delacorte Theater
- Entrance: Enter the park either at 81st Street and Central Park West or 79th Street and Fifth Avenue
- Extra: You can to bring food and drinks with you, as long as they fit under your seat and are not stored in glass containers